Vehicle Safety and Norms in Ontario
Amarz Muffler & Auto Service is well-versed in Ontario’s car inspection norms and regulations. We ensure compliance with the guidelines established by the Ontario Ministry of Transportation. By staying updated with the latest safety requirements, we guarantee that your vehicle meets all legal standards, giving you peace of mind.
When do you need a care safety inspection?
- When you transfer ownership of a used vehicle (unless it’s to your spouse)
- When you register a rebuilt vehicle
- When you register a car from a different province
- When you change the status of your vehicle from unfit to fit
There are government-regulated norms auto shops must follow to deliver mechanic inspections properly.
What Do You Need to Pass a Vehicle Inspection?
To successfully pass an inspection, your vehicle must have the following parts intact:
- Exhaust System: A leak in your exhaust system can cause carbon monoxide fumes to filter in your car.
- Brakes: Brake systems wear out over time and eventually must be replaced.
- Tires: When tires are worn out, they pose a threat to road safety.
Steering and Alignment: Serious alignment issues must be fixed to pass inspection.
Car Safety Inspection FAQ
The duration varies on the type and condition of the vehicle. On average, it takes about one to two hours.
In Ontario, brand-new cars do not require a safety inspection. However, checks become mandatory when the vehicle changes ownership or if it is being registered in the province.
It’s recommended to have your vehicle inspected annually or per the manufacturer’s recommendations. Regular inspections help identify potential issues before they turn into significant problems.